Restructed Sports Officiating Committee: Any Updates on Committee actions

Forums Announcements Restructed Sports Officiating Committee: Any Updates on Committee actions

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Bill Willis 8 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Bill Willis
    Participant

Any update(s) on the Restructed Sports Officiating Committee? A review of the website revealed that the initial meeting was held 1/12/15 with Kevin Mawae named as chairperson. I do not find any addititonal information regarding this Committee’s activities nor meetings. Thank you in advance for your response.

Paul LaRosa

Bill – good to hear from you. This item has evolved over an extended period of time. The original committee you reference, which was chaired by Kevin Mawae was frankly a horrible failure. We met once, Kevin took a job out of town, and the committee basically dissolved. As part of our effort to get a new officials agreement approved by the Principals Assoc at their annual meeting next month (our current agreement will expire in July 2019 and thus there needs to be action by the PA in January) we have included language to setup a new committee with LHSAA, Principals Assoc, and LHSOA representation. We believe this new committee has a better chance to achieve real results as we have included definitive timelines for meeting and actionable activity. We will keep you posted on our progress. thanks and happy holidays. Paul

Bill Willis
    Participant

Paul, I appreciate your reply and offer my assistance to you and the LHSOA.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.