Double B-I-B on kickoff

Forums Football Double B-I-B on kickoff

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    dennismdearie
    Participant

The following play happened in a playoff game I worked. (Kickoff) R12 catches kickoff at his 10 yard line and begins to advance. On R’s 30 R56 blocks K20 in the back (A flag is dropped).R12 continues advancing and breaks free up the middle of the field with 3 other R players BEHIND him. These 4 R players continue advancing toward K’s end zone. As the last R player runs away from K66 at K’s 40, K66 blocks/pushes R5 above the waist from behind with such force that R5 goes down hard (I drop my flag). R12 is finally knocked out of bounds at K’s 15. So, both B-I-B’s happened AFTER possession was made with R still in possession at the dead ball spot. Seems simple but have gotten a few different enforcement spots/rulings and would like to “see” what would you do if you were the white hat in my crew that night.

Chris Chaplin
    Participant

The answer is simple: Team R got the ball with clean hands. Team R has two options. Option 1; decline Team K foul and be penalize 15 yards from the 30 and get the ball 1st and 10 (BTW this is a foul on a running play since the kick has ended); Option 2 take the double foul and replay the down (re-kick)

dennismdearie
    Participant

Thanks Chris for your input on this play. Your’s is the ONLY reply I’ve received in nearly a full year since posting this play situation. It also proves me correct when I say there’s a huge problem with this so called “High School Official’s Association”. You see after the ball became dead and as I explained the situation to my white hat he became annoyed since it was a playoff game and we didn’t work either of these teams in the reg. season. Then my ref just rolled his eyes and said “Come on you’re making us look stupid since K can’t be penalized for a B-I-B”. Need I say more? Thanks again…………….

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.