Clips:No Fist Up 1

Forums Basketball Clips:No Fist Up 1

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    jfletcher

Probably the most common flaw is we do not do a good job of getting our fist up. Most of the time we get away with this poor mechanic. However this is a great place for a “blarge” It occurs most often when we are at Lead but it happens in all positions. This is a state wide issue. It happens to people is all associations across the state.

video

video

Lynn Roberts
    Participant

The stop-clock closed fist is important for both of these calls, more so in the second video. We will have multiple eyes on these calls, and a second whistle can lead to problems. Good patient whistles by the Center in the top video, and the Trail in the second.

Lynn Roberts
    Participant

I will disagree with the block call in the lower video, the call made by the Lead. The defender sets both feet prior to the offensive player leaving the floor. The defender pulls the right foot back, so there is no forward motion. It is hard to see if the defender leans, but the contact is square and centered on the defender. I need someone to tell me what the defender did that was illegal in this video.

jfletcher

I agree this is not a block. However that was not the purpose of the clip to critique the actual call even though I believe it is fair game for critique. I was primarily pointing out the mechanical error. So we have probably a incorrect call and improper mechanic but the official sold the crap out of the play. Obviously our goal is to get all the plays right but if we miss one we have to convince players/coaches that we did get it right. This clip is a good example of that.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.