registration

Forums Announcements registration

This topic contains 9 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  BenTheall 2 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

david
    Participant

John, what is the LHSOA’s stance regarding the registration deadline set by LHSAA. I dont forsee this impasse getting settled before that registration deadline. I forsee a stoppage going into either jamborees or week 1. I say this because come Aug 7 if a bunch of officials register with lhsaa then they have us, but if we register after then according to bylaws I would assume that we arent officially “LHSAA” officials.

Has the LHSOA thought about this arbitrary deadline that they have imposed?

bluejay9
    Participant

I don’t think registering with them is an issue because you still can reject any game as putting yourself non available, injury, etc. However by not registering may cause a problem as you would have to be registered before the season starts. Part of the fee is the insurance that you will have to have in order to call games.

david
    Participant

But if you are a member of NASO, you already have the required insurance so that is moot.

Bryan Greenwood
    Participant

Guys,

We still have plenty of time to register. The LHSAA director, Mr. Bonine, needs to see how united we are. This sends a clear signal to the administration that we are strongly united. I know they are monitoring registration closely. The date they set for registration could be changed if needed.

Principals and coaches are starting to chime in. When we reach an agreement, we can sign up. Until then I reccomend saving your 52 dollars and sending a clear message. No doubt if you register it don’t mean that you will work, but our New state commissioner thinks you will want to get that 52 bucks back soon. He believes it’s a sign you are willing to cave in again.

Stay strong,
    Bryan

david
    Participant

That is my thinking Bryan, thank you for chiming in.

Doug Bland
    Participant

Bryan: I’m wondering why the LHSOA can’t look into providing the insurance we have been paying the LHSAA. I also hope that the steps will be taken where we won’t have to sign up with the LHSAA. I would like to see that members in good standing with the LHSOA would be qualified to work LHSAA sanctioned games. The LHSOA would control the training, meetings, etc… We provide the officials and the schools pay the officials. The LHSAA does not need to be in the official business.

Bryan Greenwood
    Participant

Doug,

I would like nothing more than to see this happen. There is a lot to consider when making that move. The main thing is funding. You would need some full time staff, office space, etc. To date, we have not had any paid staff. We have not collected any dues. We have funded meetings, hudl, etc. through funds raised at camps.

If we were to make that move, the Lhsaa would probably fight it. At that time officials would have to make a choice: which association would they join?

Ben Davis
    Participant

Here is what I feel. I am going to do everything that is required of me by registering, taking the test, and going to the camp. The same thing that I have been doing. Now once the time comes to work a game, if nothing has been settled, I do not have to accept the game. That way they can’t come back on me later saying that I did not do what I was supposed to do.

Bryan Greenwood
    Participant

We have reached a tentative agreement. The final details will be released as soon as possible. As a sign of unity we are now encouraging everyone to register. I would also encourage you to attend the state camp in Alexandria. good luck on the upcoming season and a true thank you for your support and input.

BenTheall
    Participant

What is causing the delay in announcing? What is the agreement tentative to?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.