Paul Larosa, give us the contract offer.

Home Forums Announcements Paul Larosa, give us the contract offer.

This topic contains 9 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Bryan Greenwood 1 year, 11 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Lynn Roberts
    Participant

Paul,
    Please post on here the contract offer that was submitted to the principals for fee payments.

Also, please discuss why “only fees” were considered when making a proposal.

Lynn Roberts

david
    Participant

I too, would like to hear some information regarding what is going on between us and the LHSAA, esp considering that the new registration process just opened up. The membership needs to know what is going on. This organization needs to be more transparent.

jfletcher

The membership has been informed as soon as possible. It is not possible or ethical to put our information on speculation or rumors. Up until just a few days ago there was no stance by the LHSAA or Mr Bonine other than the pay raise rejection in January. The LHSOA executive committee and specifically Paul Larosa has work their butts off on this deal. It has been difficult, emotional and time consuming. So David the membership was informed as soon as possible.

david
    Participant

I understand totally. I am actually very happy that you guys posted the letter that was given. This is gonna get ugly before it gets better. I just hope that officials who only call football dont cave if we sit out week 1 or week 2. Also John, is volleyball also not registering or working or is this basically football?

jfletcher

Volleyball is such a small number(277) compared to football(1,154). But to answer your question I don’t really know. I was told yesterday that there were only 45 registered. I assumed that was for football

bluejay9
    Participant

I will say that I work only football and feel the amount for football is ok at this time. However in the future that will change. I will go along with whatever my association decides to do. But the big issue is not so much the pay as it is the control that the principals association has in the process.

My suggestion would be to make the following offer to them. We will agree to work at the same rate as last year provided that the principals vote in January to remove all by-laws relating to official pay and that the process be done with LHSOA and the LHSAA executive board negotiating a new contract for multiple years. This would remove the entire principals association out of it and have a small board negotiate the contracts along with it being just one contract instead of multiple contracts with each school and sport. It is easier to get an agreement with 18 people instead of 300 to 400 of them. One contract for all schools and all sports.

If they do not do this part of the deal then all sports starting with the night after they fail to remove those by-laws would be shut down and nothing else would be officiated without a contract. That contract would be at rates where every sport in the state would be the highest paid of any state in the country. We would be the highest paid officials in the country. This would be the penalty for not living up to the agreement.

This would be sent out to not only the principals but the media(TV and print) so that it would be known that if they fail to live up to their end, they would be the cause of no sports being officiated in the state.

I would also agree to a lot of the items that he put in the letter being added to the negotiation of the contract.

Lynn Roberts
    Participant

I don’t understand why we have not seen the proposal. Should have been made accessible to the officials on the day it was presented to the member schools.

I also don’t understand why there hasn’t been communication between the LHSOA and the working officials. I just wonder about why the discussions of a non-elected Executive Board should be held secret to the members of he body that same board wants to represent. I don’t necessarily need minutes to meetings, but, general information about the what and the why of decisions would be helpful.

When the board made the decision to “only” deal with fees and the fee structure, that same board left open the possibility that the principals will concede fees, and then hammer officials in other ways. As a basketball official, a member of the group that the principals have impacted the hardest over the past 25 years, I have not seen or heard of anything that will improve our situation “other than the fees.”

What will the principals do when, a year from now, the LHSOA goes back to the principals with “new” contract proposals to solve the problems that might have been addressed this time?

ddaigle
    Participant

Lynn,

Please see the post on the web site, posted May 12, 2015.

LHSOA EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE: LHSOA Executive Committee Communicates Contract Process for Officials

You can see the fee schedule and the letter sent to principals on this post.

b_hoss_mac
    Participant

Lynn,

I’ve been able to find out some of the things you’re requesting simply by speaking with an LHSOA board member directly. All of the members are listed on this site. I know you have significant contacts, so I’m sure you know someone on the board who can answer every question that you have. I believe it’s critical that officials are informed, but I don’t think it’s necessary that we air every asset we have in the public.

Bryan Greenwood
    Participant

Let me start by saying that we are trying to be as transparent as possible. We have put many memos, letters, and documents on this website. We have also communicated talking point bulletins, contracts,and updates to the presidents of our associations. There have been at least three conference calls with the football association presidents. If you are not getting the informatiin, you might want to ask your leadership why.

There are many things happening daily. Some of them are better off left away from the website and message boards. I hope you can understand and appreciate that.

Paul LaRosa has made it clear that keys to our success will be keeping the membership informed.

I suggest to everyone: when you elect a president for your association, make sure that person is capable of leading and dispersing information. Make sure he is committed to attending statewide meetings where, mechanics, camps, and LHSOA leadership positions are discussed.

We have a process in place, but it takes everyone doing their part to get the information out. And yes, there is always room for improvement and we will continue to try and find better ways.

Stay strong,

Bryan

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.