INcorrect softball test answers

Forums Softball INcorrect softball test answers

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  John Rougeou 2 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

John Rougeou
    Participant

I just received my softball test results. After reviewing the test results, I discovered there were four of the questions on the test with the wrong answers. I sent the following information to the LHSAA so they could make the corrections and hopefully of giving my correct grade of 93%. This is the difference of me being approved and me being certified. I have sent a letter along with a copy of my softball test to Mrs. Karen Fairchild and an email to Mr. Alexander. I am currently awaiting a response. Below is the letter to Mrs. Fairchild.

Ms. Fairchild,

My name is John Rougeou. I am a member of the Cenla Umpires Association based out of Alexandria. My assignment secretary is Mr. Jim Herrick. I recently was able to look up the results to my 2015 softball test. According to the results I got 52 out of 60 questions correct, for a score of 86.667%. After taking the time to review my results & taking the time to double check my answers according to the rules book, I discovered that several of my answers were correct, which you all had marked as incorrect. I have included a copy of my test results so you may see for yourself, that I am telling you the truth. I would appreciate it, if you would take the time to look over the following questions, so that I may be given the score that I worked hard to achieve. If you have any questions concerning this matter, please give me a call at 318-419-0690.

Professionally Yours,

John Rougeou

The first one I would like to bring to your attention is question # 45. Number 45 stated the following:

A slide is legal if the runner’s leg is raised higher than the fielders ankle when the fielder is in the standing position.

This is a TRUE statement, which is how I answered it on my test. You can see this by referring to page 27 of the rules book. It is under rule 2 Sec 52 article 2b.

———————————————————————————————————————

The second one I would like to bring to your attention is question # 48. Number 48 states the following:

A fielder is considered to be making an initial play if the batted ground ball deflects off the pitcher.

This is a TRUE statement, which is how I answered it on my test. You can see this by referring to page 26 of the rules book. It is under rule 2 Sec 47 article 3a. This ALSO comes directly from the example on page 17, in the case book, under 2.47.3 SITUATION B, where it states the following: With R1 on second, B2’s batted ball is deflected by (a) F1; or (b) F5. In both cases the ball goes directly to F6 who makes an attempt to field the ball and make a play. R1 makes contact with F6 preventing her from making the play. RULING: In (a), R1 is out for interfering with F6 since the ball was deflected by the pitcher. F6 is still considered to be making the initial play on the batted ball.

The third one I would like to bring to your attention is question # 50. Number 50 states the following:

A player who violates the courtesy runner rule is an illegal substitute.

This is also a TRUE statement, which is how I answered it on my test. You can see this by referring to page 29 of the rules book. It is under rule 2 Sec 57 article 3.

The forth one I would like to bring to your attention is question # 30. Number 30 states the following:

A runner is out for interference if she accidently contacts a fielder attempting to throw a ball.

This is also a TRUE statement, which is how I answered it on my test. You can see this by referring to page 68 of the rules book. It is under rule 8 Sec 6 article 10c.

——————————————————————————————————————–

Finally, the last one I would to bring to your attention is #23. Number 23 states the following:

Team personnel consist of all school representatives located in the team dugout/bench area, including but not limited to coaches, managers, certified athletic trainers, scorekeepers and spouses.

This is a false statement, which is how I answered it on my test. You can see this by referring to page 29 of the rules book. It is under rule 2 Sec 59. For the purposes of the test, you all added the word spouses. To many of the officials, myself included, the thinking was because you all added spouses, then the question was false because of what was verbatim in the rule book. Looking back, I am wondering if that is where the ” not limited to”came into play. Your clarification on this question would greatly be appreciated.

I realize you all added 3 points to everyone’s test a couple of weeks ago. This would bring my score up to 89.667%, which rounded off would give me 90%; thus, allowing me to be certified. However, with the first four test questions I brought to your attention, my actual test score, without the three added points, should be 93.333%, thus giving me the Certified status that I strive for

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.