Football Officials test

Home Forums Football Football Officials test

This topic contains 10 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Paul LaRosa 10 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

David Nagy
    Participant

Paul, since there has been no information posted about the Officials test are we to assume it will progress as schedule on Monday?

Paul LaRosa

David – I have not spoken to Keith specifically on this but we did discuss some problem questions that he agreed to toss from the Study Guide. Given that decision, it sounds to me like we are proceeding with the test. By the way, questions tossed are: #3, #100, #129 and #132. Thanks – Paul

Justin Lachney
    Participant

Has anyone taken the test yet? How difficult is it compared to last season? Does this one actually use a variation of the study guide?

David Nagy
    Participant

I have taken it and it is related to the practice test. Some questions are exact however wording has been changed on some questions which does not necessarily change the answers, just rephrases it, some answers do change. It was a much better written test this year, but it does have a couple questions which could have been more clearly written. Not a big issue. Thanks to those who composed it, I know it took a lot of time and effort.

Paul LaRosa

Haven’t taken it but one of the first guys locally to test was a 3rd year official who scored 95. He thought it a very fair test. I believe that’s a good sign

Justin Lachney
    Participant

I took it earlier today, on my lunch break. I was able to complete the test with about 30 min to spare. As David said, much of it came from the study guide. I would venture to say approximately 75% was word for word from the study guide, with about 20% being a variation of the study guide question. Perhaps the answer changed based upon some key words being changed. I would also say about 5% was not on the study guide, but was able to be found using the rule citations that followed the question. This was a much more fair test than last season. I scored a 94%, compared to a 78% last year.

Paul LaRosa

Great, nice job Justin. Paul LaRosa

Dale Hargrave
    Participant

I went from a 75 to a 92. Lot better test than last year.

jason
    Participant

last years test was wrote so that we would fail.

Robert Landry
    Participant

Read the questions carefully. Some wording has changed but it does not necessarily change the answers. Some multiple choice questions had the answers changed up. There were probably 20 percent of the questions on my test that were changed to indicate a different answer than study guide. I did 10 points better than last year.

Paul LaRosa

I took the test yesterday. I believe it is the best written, most fair test we’ve had in a number of years. I do not believe there can be any criticism of this test and I further believe that any officials who score poorly can only point to a lack of preparation. Good luck to all and congratulations to those who have already tested and done well. Paul LaRosa

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.